Thursday, September 22, 2011

4 exciting things!

Posted in the order they are happening...

1. Yesterday Andrew and I celebrated 9 years of marriage! Holy cow, I cannot believe how fast that time has gone. We have been together (dating and married) for around 12 and a half years! I love Andrew more than anything and I'm so glad I married him! We celebrated by going to dinner at Tucanos and then went and saw "Contagion" it was a good movie. Now I'm just really paraniod about washing my hands and touching my face.

2. Andrew got an interview at Excela Health School of Anesthesia in Pennsylvania! We sent his application via UPS with tracking so we would know when it got there. We got an e-mail saying it had been delivered, then 2 hours later they called and offered him an interview! We couldn't believe they called the same day. The interview is October 26th. We should be hearing from TCU (Andrew's first choice) and The Mayo clinic in about 2 weeks. I didn't want to move that far away, but if it's the only place Andrew gets in, that's where we are going. I've been thinking though, it will be an adventure and I've never been to the east coast so I think I will be OK with it, if it comes down to it.

3. I am (tentatively) scheduled to get my braces off on Nov. 30th! Yahoo!
I went in on Monday, and they said my teeth were looking really good. They gave me elastics to wear for 4 and a half weeks, which are kind of annoying btw. Then I go in on Nov. 1st to see how the elastics did, just supposed to be lining up my midline. If they worked alright, which I'm praying they do, the braces are coming off!

4. Andrew and I are going to go through the temple in December! This has been a much anticipated, long overdue goal of ours! We finally get our hineys to church (almost) every week. Now that we have Kaden in our lives, we realize how important this is to our family. We don't have a set date yet, probably around Christmas some time. We are thinking either...






Draper Temple


Or




Salt Lake Temple


We went to the Draper Temple open house a few years ago, and I really loved it! I think Andrew really wants to go to the Salt Lake one, which I like too. I just think that maybe the Salt Lake Temple is alot busier than Draper. So we will be making our decision soon, exciting! We have already had so many blessings the last few months, and we are so grateful and can't wait to have an eternal family! I will update with anymore news.

2 comments:

  1. Kendra!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am so happy you guys are going through the temple! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I am SO happy for you guys! So many exciting things going on, especially that you are going to the temple. You will love it! It's too bad one of your med school options isn't somewhere in the bay, I miss you! I just have one question for you...ARE YOU EXCITED?!!?!

    ReplyDelete