Friday, June 24, 2011

Happenings...

I can't believe how fast time flies when you have a kid! Seriously, Kaden is almost one and I feel like we were just driving to the hospital to have him a few weeks ago. We are going to Lake Powell next week with Andrew's family, and would like to stay the whole week-but with Kaden's birthday being on Saturday (and me having to work-grrr) we are coming home on Thursday or Friday. We're going to have a little party for him Saturday evening with family, so we need to get home to get some stuff ready-well hopefully Andrew can handle it since I will be at work! I wanted to make him a cake but that won't be happening now, so I just went and ordered him a Cars one at Maceys-they also do a free 8 inch cake if it's your child's first birthday, I thought that was neat!

Then with the next week being the 4th of July, Andrew has to work 5 shifts...bummer. Two weeks later, we're heading to Rexburg for a brother in law's graduation, then one week after that-it's OREGON! I am so excited, I love it there, I could live on the Oregon coast some day-it's beautiful. A few of my favorites there:

The summer after we got married we stayed in Newport, and our hotel was right on this beach...wow, that seems so long ago!


This place has the best clam chowder, and we will definately be going again!


And Jake's in Portland has the best crab cakes ever, they are to die for!


Now I'm nice and hungry and wishing I was eating there right now!

I am definately needing a vacation, we didn't get to do anything last summer since I had Kaden. Being a (mostly) stay at home mom can get pretty monotonous sometimes. This is the busiest summer we've had since we've been married (almost 9 years) we usually can't do much because Andrew always has school. But since he is done for now, we figure we had better do as much as we can with our families, since we most likely won't be around here much longer. Which leads me to...Andrew passed the GRE!

I am so happy for him, he was really dreading it. He studied for close to 3 months-I think that really helped alot. He has decided to apply to Westminster's program in Salt Lake as well, so maybe we won't end up as far away as we think. Also, he was looking into SUNY-in Buffalo, I think (there are 2 SUNY programs in New York). It's a fairly cheap program, but I saw that they will be a doctorate program starting next fall, so who knows how much that will make thier tution increase.

Now (or after our vacations) Andrew can get all of his resumes, letters of reference, and applications sent out, and we can nervously wait to see what schools he gets interviews at. This is an exciting (stressful for andrew) time for us, and we can't wait to see what happens in a few months!
Here's to an exciting and fun filled summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment