Wednesday, July 27, 2011

uh oh

Not alot has happened since I last posted. We did have Kaden's birthday party, it was fun-just some of our family came. I couldn't think of what to title this post, so "uh oh" is one of the words Kaden has learned and he says it all the time. He will be playing and then just randomly say "uh oh", it's pretty funny. He also says "kitty" when he sees our cat, and "ouch"- he learned that from me saying ouch when he bites my fingers! I'm pretty sure I got him to say thank you today, he gave me a taste of his sucker so I told him thank you. He made a sound like thank you, so who knows?
Well I did have some pictures posted of his party and was loading more on here, but the computer decided to freeze, and erased them. So I will have to post them later.

Kaden had his one year check up yesterday and had to get four shots, two in each leg! He screamed and cried pretty hard for a minute or two. I always feel so bad and wish it was me getting the shots. He weighed 23.4 lbs, 30 inches, and head size is in the 99.74 percentile! Height and weight were about 50th percentile. He follows me all over the house, and we don't have a gate for the stairs yet, so I have to always keep my eye on him. Trying to get him off his bottle, he doesn't like his sippy cup very much (I have 4 different kinds!) the Dr. said to "bait" the cup with chocolate or strawberry milk. I tried that today for his afternoon drink and it worked, he drank almost all of it himself out of his cup! They are supposed to be off the bottle by 12-15 months. He quit taking his pacifier all by himself about 3 weeks ago. I don't know why, but it's fine with me, that way I don't have to worry about taking it away when he gets older-I have heard horror stories about that!

We went to Rexburg last week for our bro in law Jacob's graduation. It was a short trip, but pretty fun and good to see family!

I haven't worked the last 2 weeks, Andrew's schedule has been crazy so it leaves me with no time to go to work. I get to spend a lot of time home with Kaden so it's good. I'm still couponing but I haven't found any really good deals lately. (I did get 6 boxes of free band aids yesterday though.) So I need to get out and get my couponing "fix" sometime :)

Andrew is getting applications for schools together. They are finally narrowed down to: TCU (texas), OHSU(oregon), West Minster(utah), Excela(pennsylvania), and Mayo clinic(minnesota). He is stressing getting his letters of reference and everything together. I tried to convince him to only apply to 4 schools but he wanted 6, so I guess 5 is a good compromise. :)
He is going to tour Westminster's campus on Friday, they have been the nicest so far! They even said they would waive the application fee!

We are going to Oregon in 3 days, so I will take lots of pictures to post. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment