Thursday, March 8, 2012

A little of this & that

The weather has gotten a little warmer! Just enough that once in a while I can take Kaden outside for a little bit. He has cabin fever, he started walking right when it got too cold to go outside last November. We spend our days playing, looking at books-which he loves! You just can't "read" the book, he doesn't have patience for that. You have to tell him about the pictures while he points to everything and asks "what's that?" about four billion times! It's funny. I have decided he doesn't interact with other kids his age enough since I am a hermit, and he clings to me like glad wrap whenever I leave him anywhere (nursery, even my mom and dad's or the in-laws.) So, I found out the library does story time. I have taken him a few times, but he gets bored and walks out about half way through. He would rather be walking around the library and exploring everything. I may or may not try it again, we'll see. We go to my mom and dad's when Andrew works at night to hang out for a bit while we still live close.

His vocabulary is huge! I would say 350-400 words. He surprises me everyday with something I didn't know he could say. Funny story-Last night I was changing him and I had my hair in a pony tail. There were a few hairs hanging down from by my ear and he kept looking at them. All of a sudden he exclaimed, "beard!" I started laughing so hard. He knows what a beard is because Andrew was growing one for a work "beard contest" a few weeks ago. I knew he could say it, but for him to associate it with me and my hair was pretty funny. Then he said "Kaden" while he patted his belly, then "whats that?" While he pointed to his cheek. He thinks he has a beard! He makes me laugh everyday.

It snowed a few weeks ago, so we built Kaden's first snowman:
Kaden putting the nose in:
Me and my cute boy!
Kaden and dad (with the beginnings of the beard):

Kaden loves "talking" on my phone!
He also loves the "backum" as he calls it.

A few weeks ago we had a health and wellness activity for relief society, they taught us how to make green smoothies. I have been trying to drink at least one a day since then. They are a mixture of fruits, veggies, juice, and coconut milk (I just use a little regular old 2% milk though.) They are so good, and really healthy for you! If you haven't tried one-do it! I even got Andrew hooked, he takes one bottle of mostly fruit and one of mostly veggies to work. We are also trying not to drink soda, and instead drink alot of water. We have both lost 5 lbs. in two weeks. Not alot, but it's a start! I can usually get Kaden to take a few sips:

He got some snow boots because we were going to take him ice fishing a few days ago, but the lake had signs posted that the ice wasn't safe. So we had lunch at Dairy Keen in Heber and drove back home-bummer! He LOVES the boots though, I was loading the dishwasher that night and turned around to find this in it
Silly boy! I love him sooooo much! :)

Here he is with them on, and huge wool socks!

Those are some of the things we have been doing lately. Now for daylight savings-which means longer days and Spring!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment