Wow, I'm on a roll-two posts today! I just wanted to list some of the things Kaden is doing at 18 months so I don't forget. His personality has grown so much in the last couple of months! It's so nice that now he can tell me some of the things he wants, like juice, milk, cereal, crackers, candy-yes candy. That's a mistake we made at Halloween, now all he wants is candy, lol!
He is always playing or into something, I have tried to get him to watch cartoons with me (to slow him down a little, I'm a tired mama!) But he wants nothing to do with it. I think 45 seconds is the longest he has ever watched tv. He says TONS of words now, and is starting to speak in sentences. He says "made a mess", "what's that"-that is his favorite, he says it all day while pointing at everything. He can tell me a cow says "moo", a kitty says "meow", and birdies say "peep peep". It's the cutest thing ever! He immitates me and tries to say everything I do, and does a pretty good job.
He went to nursery for the first time last Sunday and I think he did pretty well. He is pretty shy-it's mostly just me and him at home all the time. We are too poor to get out much! I wish the weather was warmer now that he is walking, oh well only a few more months.
He is still such a momma's boy, I think sometimes it makes Andrew feel bad. Sometimes (well, most of the time) when Andrew is holding him, he says "mama" and tries to come to me. It is such a great feeling to know that you are loved so much by a little child, I can't even explain it. The bond between a mother and child is so strong, I miss being pregnant and feeling him move in my stomach!
He loves being tickled and playing hide and seek. He is always hiding behind something and saying "Peek boo", it's so cute. He loves to hide behind my back when I sit on the floor, and he stands there so quiet so all I can hear is his little breathing. Then I say "where's Kaden?" and he peeks around my shoulder and starts laughing so hard.
He goes to bed on his own every night (and has since he was 3 months) and sleeps through the night. The only times he has ever woken up, are when he is sick. We never had to let him "cry it out" and I'm thankful for that, because I don't think I could have done it anyway-I would have felt too bad. He really has been the best baby, and I know I have been spoiled by his good sleeping habits. He sleeps from about 9pm to 8 or 8:30 am. It's SO nice! He takes one 2-3 hour nap everyday now.
Being a mom is hard work, but Kaden makes every day worth it and I love him so much!
An Unsent Letter, 1.5 Years in the Making
12 years ago




Can't believe he is 18 months!! AH where is the time going? He is so cute. I love that he plays Peek Boo with you by hiding behind you. I am jealous of his sleep schedule and you never having to let him cry it out. Sometimes I feel like that's all our nights are is crying. And it makes me so sad. Sleep is so important, especially when you are a mom!
ReplyDelete