Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kaden's 2nd Birthday!

We celebrated Kaden's 2nd birthday last week with a party at Kelly's Grove in Hobble Creek Canyon. It was really fun, we even had Andrew's brother and sister and their families from out of state come to it! I can't find the cord for our camera to download our pictures, so I will either have to buy a new one or see if I can miraculously find it in our move... I think Kaden might have put it in the garbage. So when I find it, or get a new one I will post the pictures. We did a Kung Fu panda theme because Kaden loves it! I made Panda cupcakes, and I did get a picture on my phone-it's probably not the best quality. The night before, we put balloons all over his room while he was sleeping.
Some of the things he likes right now: We got him a radio flyer tricycle for his birthday, he loves it! Kung fu panda. Madagascar or "Move it, move it" as he calls it. (The song they dance to.) Playing with cars or trucks. Garbage trucks-he calls any big truck we see while driving, a garbage truck. Grandma and grandpa Roylance got him a garbage truck for his birthday and he loves playing with it. Playing uncle Nate's drums, and the piano. He got an Elmo guitar from Grandpa and Grandma Millett that he loves. He likes looking at books, but just likes you to point out the pictures and tell you what they are. Likes helping get the mail by putting the key in the mailbox and opening it. Loves to play with the hose, but hates the splash pad. (we still need to take him to seven peaks.) Loves going to nursery and playing with the kids. He will start saying "Nursery, play kids" on thursday or friday every week. Loves to be outside. Likes LOVES apple juice-too much. We have been trying to only give him a little bit the last few days because he would rather drink that than eat food. Kaden is the sweetest little thing, he loves being around people. He is still pretty soft hearted and gets his feelings hurt easily. He sticks his little bottom lip out so far, he could trip over it, when he gets upset. He still sleeps through the night and takes about a 2 1/2-3 hr nap everyday. When he is awake, it's hard to get anything done because he has to be right where I am with my full attention. But that's ok, it's fun to play with him. He has had a heart murmur since he was born that is still there. Andrew listened to it the other night-and being a cardiac nurse, thought we should talk to the Dr. about getting a peds cardiologist to listen to it. We have discussed it with the Dr. before but decided against it, because he has always said it sounds "innocent". Now that he's 2 and it's still there, we feel like maybe we should just have a heart Dr. listen, just in case it's something more serious. We are taking him in on Monday, and I pray that everything is ok! We went fishing at Strawberry for Kokanee salmon the other night. We caught one and cooked it for lunch yesterday, it was soo good. Kaden still hates fish and freaks out if you ask him if he wants to sit by the fish or touch it. Funny kid! Summer is more than half over, it's going by way too fast! But it's also way too hot, so I'm looking forward to cooler temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment