There is some saying- that you should enjoy where you are at that time, because you can never have that time again-or something like that. I try to do that as much as possible, especially now that I am pregnant. But as for the last 6 or so years that Andrew has been in school, I am very happy to say they are almost over! (just the school part, because we have had some pretty fun and cool vacations in the last 6 years!) He only has 2-3 weeks of classes left, and then graduates on April 30th. I'm not saying I wish he wouldn't have gone to school, it has just been a VERY long, arduous-(spelling?) process! First he started at UVSC with the intent to do computer science-programming. After 2 semesters of those classes, he decided he hated programming and didn't want to do that for a career. His brother, Phillip was doing nursing at BYU-I and seemed to like it or love it, so Andrew decided that would be a better career choice. He was a CNA in high school, so he had a little background in the medical field. So he started getting the pre-req's done to get into the nursing program. There are alot of pre-req's, so that took a while-and since UVSC became UVU, they decided to change the program half way through. So that pretty much screwed up Andrew's semester and added additional classes that he hadn't planned on taking. Anyway Andrew now feels like a Super senior, and it has taken almost 6 years to get a four year degree at UVU! I am so proud of Andrew, I know I couldn't have done it! He is so smart, and I am so lucky to have a husband that has worked so hard to ensure that our family has a good future. I know work is really stressful for him sometimes-I can't imagine trying to save someone's life if they code on you-heck, some people stress me out just trying to figure out how they want their hair cut! He has taken some of the hardest classes that are offered at UVU and is graduating cum laude-not sure what that means, other than he has a pretty good GPA! Now he will take a year or two off of school, get into the ICU to gain experience for nurse anesthesia school, then start applying for that. I am really happy that we decided to wait so long to have kids, now we will get to have alot of family time together-well until grad school, but we won't think about that for now! :) Whew, that was a long post!
Yay! Congrats Kendra :) I know what you mean. I guess I should be grateful that it will only have been 4 years of marriage for us when Cory graduates. (but we still gotta go to grad school too) It just feels like FOREVER!
ReplyDeleteCute background! I like it!