Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sewing Machine

I decided I need to be a little more "domestic", so for my birthday tomorrow I am going to get a sewing machine! Andrew is always saying I have no "hobbies", only because he is a fishing fanatic. So since he has a hobby to spend lots of money on, I figure I might as well get one too, after all I'm not getting any younger! I tried sewing classes in Jr. High and High School, but I didn't have very good teachers, so I didn't like it. I would just bring my sewing projects home and have my mom attempt to show me how to do it. But after seeing all the cute blankets and burp cloths you can make, I guess I will try it again. After all, my mom and grandma are awesome at sewing and always making cute things! So they can be my teachers for now- ha ha. I am thinking I will start with burp cloths and maybe a recieving blanket since they are relatively cheap and easy. Who knows, maybe a quilt will be in the near future! (yeah right!) So hopefully I will like it....
And just thought I would mention that Andrew's first final is in 3 weeks, hallelujah! I thought that since this was his last semester in the Bachelor program, they would go easy on them-noooo! This has been the worst semester so far in terms of never, ever seeing my husband! Between full time school and full time work, it sucks! I feel like some pregnant widow or something, lol. So I have been counting the weeks for a while now, and can't believe it's down to 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment