Wow! I cannot believe I have a 6 month old son (Kaden) since the last time I posted! Life has gone by so fast, it makes me sad. At the same time, I am also the happiest I have ever been right now. I have the cutest, happiest, best little guy ever. I don't know what I would do without him. He cheers me up if I'm having a bad day, just by smiling at me. I don't think you realize how much your parents can love you until you have kids of your own. He was pretty small, two and a half weeks early, and not doing so great when I had him. He was in the birth canal for quite a while. His heart rate was also dipping low, and had only been 60 beats per minute for about 5-6 minutes right before I had him. Which is not a good thing! I was seconds away from having a c-section. (Since the stupid anesthesiologist let my epidural run out, and wouldn't start more, and I could not push anymore from the unbearable pain!) Finally they numbed me up for a c-section and hauled me to the OR or whatever that freezing cold room was. I was actually able to have him right after the nurse had paged the c-section team to come. Kaden was rushed to the NICU for about 4 hours, and I had to wait that long to finally meet and hold my precious, tiny little baby. Right after Andrew handed Kaden to me, he looked up at me smiled. :) Right then my heart melted and I knew I would (and will) do anything for him! He has been our greatest blessing, and he is healthy and so chubby now. Considering his scrawny little 5 lb. 14 oz. start, he weighs-I would estimate, between 18 and a half to 20 pounds now. Not bad for a 6 month old. He is sitting on his own and loves to stand,(with help) he has been able to bear weight on his legs since he was a couple of weeks old. He isn't rolling over yet, although he did once at about 5 months. Well I just wanted to update and I am really going to try to blog more this year, especially since I have a reason to now! It gives me something to do while Andrew is on his 12 hour shifts at work, 15 if you count the commute. UGGHH!

OMH I didn't know that you almost had to have a section, I was wondering about the tubes in his poor little head! Just reading this account made me tear up :( I'm so glad He's doing so GREAT!
ReplyDelete