We took Kaden for his 9 month check-up last Thursday, and he had to get 2 shots, his second flu shot and last Hep B. Usually he is fussy for a day or two after the shots, so I didn't really think much about him being fussy a little bit on Friday and Saturday. But yesterday (Easter) he was really fussy most of the day, and he even woke up crying last night a couple of hours after I put him in bed-that never happens! But I just popped his binky in and he went right back to sleep, and didn't wake up again until morning.
Today he was still kind of crying more than usual, I gave him a bath tonight and normally he is really happy afterward. But he started fussing when I was getting his pajamas on, so I thought-hmmm...I wonder? Stuck my finger in his mouth, and low and behold-his first tooth is coming in! It's just tiny, but it's totally there, kind of sharp and through the gums. It surprised me because I had felt around yesterday, and there was nothing there. So 9 1/2 months, and his first tooth! It's on his bottom right side. I think I will be going to buy some teething gel tomorrow.
He's almost not a baby anymore and his hair is getting so long, he looks like a little boy now. I'm thinking as much as I don't want to-it might be time for me to give my little man a hair cut soon! I HATE cutting baby's hair, but maybe since I'm his mom he will be good for me, fingers crossed! Anyway, just wanted to post this latest "first" about Kaden so I don't forget.
Oh, one more thing-he got his first fishing pole for Easter yesterday, it's a Batman one-so cute! Andrew can't wait to take him fishing and already said he will catch his first fish before he is 1 year old.
An Unsent Letter, 1.5 Years in the Making
12 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment