Andrew has been diligently studying for the last few months. He took a class, studied for, and passed the CCRN (Critical Care Registerd Nurse) exam a month ago. I'm really happy for him, and I knew he would pass even though he was nervous about it. Now he is studying for the dreaded GRE. That test looks really intimidating and most of the grad schools want you to get around 1000-1100. I would never be able to pass it, ha ha. I looked over some of the vocabulary thinking the words would be recognizable-nooo way! I feel bad for anyone that has to take that test, and can't wait until Andrew gets it over with. He is also getting certifications done at work, such as PALS in 2 weeks.
It sucks, he has been going to classes and training alot the last couple of months, so I feel like a single mom sometimes. But I guess at least he is a hard worker, and getting all of this done to turn in applications this fall. I can't believe it's time for grad school already!
I think (after alot of researching tons of schools) he has narrowed it down to OHSU in Portland, Excella in Pennsylvania, Minneapolis school of Anesthesia, and TCU. We would love to live in Oregon, but Andrew really wants to go to TCU because they have a doctorate program. So in the next couple of months I guess we will be busy getting papers organized and sent in. Scary and exciting at the same time! We may add a school or two to the list because he wants to apply to 5 or 6 I think. I'm afraid this is going to get expensive! :(
An Unsent Letter, 1.5 Years in the Making
12 years ago




eek! Let us know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting he is getting so close! I could never take the GRE either, ah! You will have to keep us posted on what you find out. My sister's family just moved to Portland and they are loving it. You could add a school in California :)
ReplyDeleteSo, I am sure I am going to feel the same way you did after you delivered. I am already sad that I won't have him so close to me all the time, I am sure it was sad to have them take him straight to the ICU! He is such a cute cute baby Kendra, and I can't believe he is already 10 months? old!!