Within the last week, week and a half-ish Kaden has gone from scooting around backwards on his tummy to sitting up, pulling up, and crawling- finally! He keeps one leg bent underneath him so when he feels like sitting up, all he has to do is lean back. He kind of has a little "hop" in his crawl, it's the cutest thing ever! He looks like a little frog. I can't believe how quickly he learned to do all three things. We were getting a little worried, I know they say every kid is different and everything, but the Dr. said he likes them to be crawling at least by one year. Kaden is fast approaching the year mark, but I don't think we have anything to worry about now-except baby proofing our house!
He has just been crawling a little bit at a time, but today he started to fuss (as usual) when I went into the kitchen, a couple of seconds later I heard a little "thump thump" coming from the living room. A minute later, here he came around the corner and when he saw me he had the cheesiest little grin on his face! He is pretty proud of himself and has already opened the bottom drawer in the kitchen and found the cat food (which I saw coming and grabbed him really quick.) I guess the cat food will be in the garage from now on!
It has been so fun watching him learn how to do things, I can't believe how much kids pick up on stuff even when they are so little! I can't wait for the months to come when I know he will be learning and doing so much more, it's going to be a busy and fun filled summer! We have 3 trips planned in the next month and a half...so we will have to keep a close eye on our little "frog"!
An Unsent Letter, 1.5 Years in the Making
12 years ago




That is so cute he is crawling! It really does seem like you just had Kaden, I can't believe he's almost a year old. I agree with you about being happy with what you have. Life is too short and precious to not enjoy. Besides I think it's awesome when you and your husband work through hard times like school, small apartments, and crappy cars together! Miss you!
ReplyDelete